Tuesday, November 11, 2008

William's Special Day

To conclude the busiest weekend EVER, William was baptized last Sunday, November 2nd. It was a beautiful service, William did great and we had MANY family members there to help celebrate this special day! We will call this a sneak peak. I got a few pictures on my camera but Uncle Terry got the good ones! (Thanks for playing paparazzi Uncle Ter!) I will post more pictures when I can but here are a few!
For those of you who don't know, this gown was handmade by Cissie (or Nana), Jason's Mother. Every stitch was sewn by hand including the embroidery. She also embroiders their initials on the slip with their date of birth and christening date. To make the gown even more special, she incorporated some lace my Great-Grandmother tatted throughout the dress and on the bottom hems. Talk about special...and lets talk about how SCARED I was hand washing and pressing the thing! ;)
Our Family!
Nana and William
Four Generations!
A closer look at the gown. Note: These were taken after he had worn it but before I washed and pressed it again.


William, like Uncle Greg said, I hope you had fun because that is the first and last time you will ever get to wear a dress! =)
More to come later...

post signature

No comments: