Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tucker's Torticollis

My sweet Baby Boy...
This is really just a general update on Tucker but several people have inquired about his torticollis so that is the reason I titled it as such.
Tucker continues to be the easiest baby on the planet. He rarely ever fusses these days and he still sleeps 10-12+ hours every night and I never have to work to get him to sleep, just stick him in his bed. He likes to watch his mobile for a minute and then he rolls over and settles in for a nap. He doesn't even require a pacifier anymore! He prefers his fist... Want proof?
And a close up...
I've discovered he has a really BIG mouth! Sometimes he double fists it!
So that's pretty much all he requires...a bed and his fist. I try to rock him to sleep sometimes. He'll let me every once a while but he prefers to snuggle when hes awake, and lay down and put himself to sleep when hes tired.


He is learning about toys and LOVES them!!! He constantly grabs at anything in sight and has now figured out how to get it to his mouth. He started rolling from his back to his tummy about a week and a half ago (3.5 months). He loves to be on his tummy!! He has even started scooting with his legs while he is on his tummy. His physical therapist thinks he will be mobile very soon. This thought scares me... Hannah and William were pretty average with their mobility. Both sat up at 6m, crawled at 8m, Hannah walked at 14m and William at 12.5. I'm not set up for an "early crawler" or "early walker". I need my little one to stay put for a few more months...like 5 or 6!!
What do ya say, Tuck?!

Speaking of his physical therapist, Tucker has been doing PT for about a month now and is such a CHAMP at it! (If you missed the post about Tucker's Torticollis, click HERE) He loves Ms. Monica (his therapist) and consistently shows off for her. We have been going (and will continue to go) once a week. Each visit we work on different stretches and strength building exercises. She also measures his progress by mapping the difference in his rotation and head tilt. In his initial measurements there was a 5 degree difference in his rotation and a 19 degree difference in his tilt. This past Monday his measurements showed a 1 degree difference in rotation and a 2 degree difference in tilt!!!! For one months effort, that is awesome! He didn't like the stretches at first but we figured out how to make them more fun for him and now he doesn't mind them too much.
Tucker goes for his 4 month appointment on Monday so I'll update on that appointment next week. We have a jam-packed, fun-filled weekend coming up so I'm sure I'll have lots to share!
Here is one last picture of Tuck. He loves his sister and brother so much. With Hannah learning to read, Tucker often becomes her audience. I don't think he minds it too much though, do you? :)
Have a GREAT Friday!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Anna said...

i love your little family, i would love to meet those rascals one day! your stories of hannah remind me of myself when i was a kid and even more so with her curly hair. she's a hoot!

Lisa M. said...

Love the picture of Hannah reading to Tucker! She has his full attention :-)