Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Watch Out Vera!...

Sorry for the lack of updates lately... I picked up a few weekend shifts at the hospital (as in the last 5 weekends!!) so I have been working 1:30-midnight every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This past weekend was my last one for a while. It was exhausting (especially Monday mornings) but I'm glad I did it. It was nice to be back at work for a short time and I really enjoyed the emergency department!

So my work schedule has probably had something to do with the lack of posts. Not a lot of free time... But we are back!

Unfortunately I don't have many good pictures or stories to share but I can tell you what I was up late last night working on! I got a sewing machine for my birthday and I attempted my first dress for Hannah last night. I went shopping for patterns and fabric a few weeks ago but last night was the first good opportunity I had to work on it. The outcome... For a first attempt I am happy with it. I made the mistake of going by the pattern alone without taking into account that Hannah is on the smaller side. The back is just too big. I think she can still wear it though!
See how the back is really droopy?
Oh, the attitude...
So, for my first attempt it is OK... Now I just have to find time for round 2!!

By the way, after I took the last picture this morning Hannah said, "Whew! I'm tired. When are you going to take a break?". She was referring to working the camera. Such a drama queen...

post signature

5 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute, Abby! I got a sewing machine YEARS ago, with the intent to start sewing, and have still never found the time to even take it out of the box! :) I think your dress turned out soooo cute!

Laurel Tucker said...

That IS so cute! Do you have enough material to make Aunt Laurel one?

I guess she's back to posing for pictures again?

The Johnsons said...

LOVE IT! You're so domesticated!

Rachel and Cameron said...

SO cute! I am so impressed with your skills! Cannot wait to trade patterns :) See you so soon!

Lindsey Henig said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is SO CUTE! You are so Betty Homemaker and I am loving it. Plus, Hannah's poses totally made my day. When you get started on boys clothes, I have one oversized 5 month old that would love an outfit. Thanks so much!