Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wedding Bliss

I know I promised a post about the wedding a while back but time (somehow) has escaped me. My brother, Graham, got married 3 weeks ago now! Man, where does the time go?
I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law and I have never seen my brother happier. It was such a happy weekend and a beautiful wedding. The chaos came from having a (not even) 2 year old flower girl with a 2 week old in tow! It was interesting to say the least. Hannah did great all things considered but not everything went according to plan...
First of all she was incredibly cranky all day long. We made sure she took a good nap but I think the rehearsal dinner the night before took a bigger toll on her than we anticipated. I bought her these precious ballet slippers to wear with her "princess dress"... she refused to put them on. Laurel gave her a tiny little pearl bracelet to wear...again, she refused! For the ceremony she was supposed to walk down the aisle with me and go sit with my parents in the front row. She did just that in the rehearsal but not so much in real time. During the actual ceremony she started to protest so instead of dragging her kicking and screaming to my mother I let her go with me to the alter and I tried to have her sit on the little ledge. That was good for about 5 minutes. Thats when she began to wander... She started walking around the other bridesmaids, then out in the center, in front of the congregation. THEN she started making her way up to Graham and Laurel. At that point I ran out and grabbed her and took her back to my spot with me. Again that lasted all of 2 minutes. This time she went up behind Graham and tugged on his pants leg (mind you, this is in the middle of his wedding ceremony). When Graham turned around she said, "BOO"! Thats when Jason gave the nod to his sister, Tara, to come get her and take her out of the sanctuary. Thank you Tara for saving the day! =)
I have to admit it was pretty funny but you always worry when its your own child acting that way. Graham and Laurel also knew going into it that, with her age there was no telling what she was going to do. Thanks to the bride and groom for being so understanding! Oh! and William...he was a dream! He slept through the whole thing! =)
She didn't last very long at the reception. She ate and danced a little but then she zonked out.
Barefoot and bracelet-less but semi-happy nonetheless.

Thanks to my Dad, who whipped out his itouch in the middle of the ceremony, we have some momentos. Take a look!
During the reception with Tara and Chad...
Proof that William was there! Pictured with his 3 beautiful cousins, Rachel, Kelsey, and Alli

No comments: