Monday, October 27, 2008

A Mischievous Monday

What could kick off the week better than a mischievous 2 year old? Nothing! Today was the one day out of our very busy week that we didn't have anything going on. Besides one trip to the grocery store, we spent our day inside, safe from the bitter wind. I guess boredom can make a 2 year old do some funny things...
Those of you with kids can probably relate to this feeling: You are sitting there folding laundry, feeding your other child, or just trying to be productive in one way or another when you suddenly realize your toddler has become awfully quiet in the next room. You never know what you are going to find when you turn the corner but you know they are up to no good! We had more of those moments today than I care to admit, but luckily (despite what the pictures show) she was safe and just trying to have fun. Luckily for you, I was close enough to the camera on a few of these incidents to grab it and snag a few pictures!
When I asked her what she was doing and how she got up there she said, "I just need some water". All she had to do was ask me...but I guess this way was much more fun!
A few hours later I found this...

Yes, this is the pantry. So much for putting untouchables on the higher shelves...
Don't ask! I have no idea...Maybe shes preparing for her dismount!

Believe me, there was much more than this to our mischievous Monday. It's too bad I didn't have the camera at the grocery store. Since William has been with us I can usually get her to walk with me and put William's car seat in the front of the buggy. She wasn't exactly up for that today. Think of me what you will but I let her ride in the green car. You can judge me if you have ever tried to get a weeks worth of grocery shopping done while trying to get an unhappy, uncooperative 2 year old to follow you! I wanted to avoid that situation so I let her ride in the green car and put William where our weeks worth of groceries are supposed to go... I'm sure you can see where this is headed. I would have loved to have a picture of our buggy at the end of our shopping excursion... I had so many things piled beside (and maybe even in...) William's car seat. I will say, if you are trying to maintain a budget at the grocery store, just bring something with you that takes up the whole buggy. If there is no room for groceries, you tend to buy less! Thats my piece of financial advice for the week!

Of course then she goes and redeems herself by playing so sweetly with her little bro.
This was yesterday morning but I wanted to post it anyway. Hannah loves him more and more everyday. She loves that he smiles at her ANY time she looks at him or speaks to him. She even inspired one of his first real giggles. She lays down with him under his activity gym and talks to him about all of his toys. I know it won't last forever and they will go through some major sibling rivalry, but I'm trying to enjoy the love they have for each other while it lasts!
What kind of Monday did you have! =)

post signature

No comments: